Here’s an app, there’s an app, everywhere’s an app app! How can you keep up? Here are a few reviewing tools to help you choose the best apps for you and your young child to explore together.
- Digital Storytime: Rates and reviews picture book apps for iPad
- Touch and Go: A guide to the best apps for kids and teens from School Library Journal
- A Matter of APP: A children’s educational app review blog
- Kirkus Reviews: Picks the best book apps for kids in a variety of categories
- apps4Stages: Makes suggestions based on a child’s stage of development
Keep in mind, screen time of any kind is not recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics for children under 2 years of age, and the organization recommends no more than one to two hours of total screen time per day for children older than 2.