The Caldecott Medal is awarded every year by the American Library Association to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children. Join us at the Columbia Public Library on Thursday, January 16 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. in the Children’s Program Room for some of the best picture books of 2013. You can even cast your vote on which one is most worthy of the award. Two titles we will be sharing are “Bluebird” by Bob Staake and “Mr. Tiger Goes Wild” by Peter Brown. Which book will you choose? Register now by calling (573) 443-3161. All ages welcome.
Each year the American Library Association honors books, videos, and other outstanding materials for children and teens. This year’s winners of the following awards were just announced this morning:
- “This Is Not My Hat” by Jon Klassen
- “Creepy Carrots!” by Aaron Reynolds, illustrated by Peter Brown
- “Extra Yarn” by Mac Barnett, illustrated by Jon Klassen
- “Green” by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- “One Cool Friend” by Toni Buzzeo, illustrated by David Small
- “Sleep Like a Tiger” by Mary Logue, illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski