Hosting parties is one of my favorite things to do! Every year for my birthday I used to declare the colors for party decorations and ask my mom for a specific type of cake or snack. I also loved to make invitations for all of my friends and come up with games to play.
There is so much to do to plan for a party!
- Setting a date and time
- Finding a location
- Writing invitations
- Making decorations
- Finding (or making up) the perfect games to play
- Preparing snacks
- Creating party favors
- Planning for costumes or party clothes
There are also many different types of parties: birthdays, holiday celebrations, graduations and other milestones, theme parties, sleepovers, and more!
The next time you need some inspiration for organizing a celebration of your own, check out some of the party planning books at DBRL.
- “Cool Game Day Parties: Beyond the Basics for Kids Who Cook” by Lisa Wagner
- “The Book of Wizard Parties: In Which the Wizard Shares the Secrets of Creating Enchanted Gatherings” by Janice Eaton Kilby
- “Sleepover Party!: Games and Giggles for A Fun Night” by Jamie Kyle McGillian
- “Planning Perfect Parties: The Girls’ Guide to Fun, Fresh, Unforgettable Events” by Jen Jones
- “The Best Birthday Parties Ever!: A Kid’s Do-it-yourself Guide” by Kathy Ross
- “Putting on A Party: Adventure Parties for Kids” by Lori Bonner