With the kiddos out of school, what is there to do? See what’s happening at the library:
- Lego Land, Sat., 12/28, 9:30-11:30 a.m. (ages 5 and up) – Columbia
- Aviation Celebration, Sat., 12/28, 10-11 a.m. (ages 6-12) – Callaway
- Family Game Day, Thurs., 1/2, 9:30-11 a.m. or 2-3:30 p.m. (families) – Columbia
- Silly Song Sing-Along, Fri., 1/2, 9:30-10 a.m. or 10:30-11 a.m. (families) – Columbia
- Lego Mania, Sat., 1/4, 10-11 a.m. (ages 5 and up) – Callaway
- TRYPS Theater: Live at Eleven, Sat., 1/4, 11-11:30 a.m. (ages 3-12) – Columbia
All Daniel Boone Regional Library locations will be closed all day on December 24 & 25 and close at noon on December 31. Even when the library is closed, you can still visit us online and enjoy Tumblebooks and EZTales!
Why did the librarian slip on the floor? Because she was in the non-friction section. HA, HA, HA! April is National Humor Month, launched by comedian Larry Wilde to combat the stresses of tax season and gloomy days of April and to highlight the benefits of laughter. Join in and lighten up someone’s day with a good joke. If you don’t know any (or, like me, you always forget the ones you’ve been told), come to the library and check out one of our many joke books. If you can remember, share a joke with us in the comments! Knock, knock! (Hee hee!)
Ahhh. I love Thanksgiving! I spend time with my family, and together we eat, visit, eat, share stories and eat even more. Is it the food that makes me so happy, or is it the time I get to share with the people I love? Let’s just say that I am thankful for both!
In the spirit of the holiday, check out some books and materials about gratitude to share with your loved ones. (“Bear Gives Thanks” by Karma Wilson is a particular favorite around here.) Happy Thanksgiving!